Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Mistakes

HIMYM Season 1 when Lily talked about mistake
There are certain things in life where you know it's a mistake but you don't really know it's a mistake because the only way to know that it really is a mistake is to make that mistake and go, "Yup, that was a mistake". So really, the bigger mistake would be to not make the mistake because then you'll go about your whole life not knowing whether it was a mistake or not.


Several months ago, I were browsing random news when I finally got an article about Justin Bieber from usmagazinesThere is a statement of Justin Bieber that made me interested, 
I'm young and I make mistakes. That's part of growing up.
source of image: tumblr


Well, I don't know whether Justin really meant it or he was trying to deny that his messy is a mistake. But, that exactly is not the point of this post. I'm sure most of us also thinks like Justin, including me myself. We just take it for granted that make a mistake is not a problem. Doing a mistake is a common things if we want to be a success person. This mindset is not wrong at all. Moreover, it's impossible to do everything perfectly. The problem is sometimes this mindset leads us easily to make a mistake because we think we have to and it doesn't even matter.


source of image: laneshill.me


And about Lily's line (haha, I had to repeat these lines while I was watching, to digest the meaning), I thought, it's just the same with most of us' mindset. We used to do fault and denied by saying it's a good thing, to make us better. Then, we keep doing that continuously, rather than admit that it totally is wrong. Never try to fix it, no betterment is achieved.



So, what should we do? Stop denying, you're wrong. Stop pretending that all mistakes we've made is okay.

No comments: