Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Cooking Time #2 - Red Hot Veggie Fettuccine

Red Hot Veggie Fettuccine is not the name of American rock band who have album named Stadium Arcadium (I mean Red Hot Chilli Peppers, maaf garing -.-) This is second pasta recipes which I create by my own (the first one is Baked Macaroni with Beef -- that created by me and my beautiful mother).

So here the ingredients are:

some of the ingredients
  • olive oil
  • water
  • salt and sugar
  • chili, red pepper
  • garlic and onion
  • tomatoes
  • mushrooms
  • vegetables (spring onion, lettuce, cauliflower, up to you)
  • fettuccine and pasta sauce

I think the key of making pasta is in how the taste of the sauce is, because pasta are just depends on the brand itself and it's not really hard to cook it -- simply just boil it with salted water -- except if you make the pasta also by yourself (wow, I think I wanna learn to make the pasta by myself, feels like I'm a professional chief from Italia. It must be superb cool).
Now, let's start cooking!

  1. Heat the oil in a saucepan with low to medium heat.
  2. Add garlic and onion, cook, stirring occasionally until lightly browned.
  3. Add little amount of water and stir for 1 minute.
  4. Stir in the mushrooms and cook, uncovered, stirring often, for 2 minutes or until they soften slightly.
  5. Season with salt.
  6. Stir the pasta sauce. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, covered, stirring occasionally for 5-10 minutes.
  7. Put pepper and chili to enrich the hot taste of the sauce.
  8. Add also the vegetables you like and tomatoes, stir it for a while (don’t cook vegetables to long to make sure the vitamin contained in it didn't loss)
  9. Meanwhile, cook the fettuccine in a large saucepan of salted boiling water, stir gently for about 10 minutes. Drain well.
  10. Stir in the sauce over fettuccine and it's ready to be eaten ;)

Voila! This is my Red Hot Veggie Fettuccine
Can't wait to see yours. Happy cooking ;)

No comments: