Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Childhood, then and now

As a teenager who live in this kind of era, I feel so lucky because I had have such a wonderful childhood. I remember how I loved to play with other kids of my neighborhood, built a camp at my garden with my sisters, fell down when I was learning how to ride a bike, played so many kind of traditional games such as Tabak, Kelereng (marbles), Galah Hadang, Petak Umpet (hide and seek), Congklak, Gasing, Ular Naga, Lompat Tali, watched boys played kite and guessed whose will be the highest. I also remember the time when my grandfather told a story about Kancil dan Buaya, Timun Mas, Kancil Mencuri Timun, and many more. How fun it was...

Kelereng
image source: KDRI

Lompat Tali
image source: KDRI

Tabak / Engklek
image source: alvyanto.blogspot.com

Here it comes my most favorite thing when I was a little girl, I loved listening to kid songs. I have a stack of children song cassettes, from Agnes Monica, Trio Kwek Kwek, Maissy, Tasya, Enno Lerian, Joshua, and many others. Indeed, I still remember most of the songs, you can test me to sing it. These songs are really meaningful and appropriate for kids age, the lyrics filled with persuasion to be a good children, persuade us to study to become a smart kid who can make our parents proud, also the lyrics suggest us to love our country. Aaah I just really love it!








But now, it's really hard to find traditional games which need kind of direct interaction to cooperate with your friends. It also hard to find those children songs that suit to the age. What we can find now is junior boy bands sing kind of  love songs even they're not old enough to think about it.

online games
image source: jogja.antaranews.com



These things make me feel really sorry with kids who live in this time until I found out these. 




There are people who still care and want to bring back the happiness of childhood in Indonesia :)

No comments: